Environmental Compliance Inspector
Responsible for identifying and investigating the sources of pollution. Recommends corrective actions for hazardous waste problems, examines labels for accuracy, and works with health professionals on water pollution and wastewater prevention.
- Inspect and investigate pollution sources.
- Inform proper health officials of possible contamination sites.
- Evaluate labels for accuracy and conformance to regulations.
- Keep abreast of EPA laws and regulations.
- Help develop spill prevention programs and hazardous waste rules and regulations.
- Recommend corrective actions for spills and contamination.
- Conduct research on hazardous waste management projects.
- Collect water or wastewater samples for analysis.
- Report violations to government agencies.
- Examine permits, licenses, applications, and records to ensure compliance.
- Inspect waste pretreatment, treatment, and disposal facilities and systems.
- Interview individuals suspected of violations.
- Determine extent of violation and report to proper authorities.
- Investigate reports regarding illegal dumping, pollution, pesticides, product quality, or labeling laws.
- Return to sites where illegal activity was reported to ascertain if compliance has been restored.
- Analyze flow meter readings and chemical levels.
- Perform laboratory tests on samples.
- Confirm hazardous chemicals are handled, stored, and disposed of in accordance with regulations.