Responsible for providing teachers with support in an educational setting. Supports and assists children in learning class materials. Supervises students in classroom, on playground, and in cafeteria.
- Provide instructional and clerical support for teachers.
- Help children learn class materials.
- Reinforce what teacher taught during previous periods.
- Prepare presentations.
- Provide students with one-on-one attention and instruction.
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, and hallways, or on field trips.
- Help prepare materials for instruction.
- Purchase materials as necessary.
- Listen while students read.
- Review and reinforce class lessons.
- Help students find information for reports.
- Take charge of special projects and prepare equipment or exhibits.
- Work in computer laboratories.
- Help students use software and other educational instruments.
- Grade tests and papers.
- Check homework.
- Provide tutoring.
- Take attendance.
- Perform filing and typing duties.
- Attend to the physical needs of students with disabilities, including feeding, teaching grooming habits.
- Keep classroom neat and clean.
- Work with young adults to help them obtain a job or to help them apply for community services.
- Evaluate students' progress.
- Supervise the children at play and assist in feeding and other basic care activities.