Responsible for calling people, businesses, and clients with the goal of selling them a product or service. Performs lead generation to create viable list, calls people, and follows up on prospects.
- Direct distribution of product or service.
- Develop and follow up on business leads.
- Cold call, direct email, and perform other lead generation activities.
- Persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to make a donation.
- Obtain or verify customer information, including address, phone number, and payments methods.
- Enter information into computers.
- Explain products or services in detail.
- Answer questions from customers.
- Take payments.
- Explain or negotiate prices.
- Record transactions.
- Follow up on prospective leads.
- Answer telephone calls about placing orders.
- Resolve customer issues about orders or payment information.
- Obtain names and numbers of potential customers from telephone directors or purchased lists.
- Follow up to customer correspondence.
- Conduct customer surveys to ascertain level of customer service.
- Schedule appointments for sales representatives to meet with potential clients.
- Follow up on orders to ensure product made it on time.